12 February 2009

I can not retain dreams in my hands


Dreams, like smoke, like water, escape through my fingers


Water in my hands I tried to hold
I saw it drain between my fingers
the only proof? my hands were wet
Dreams in my hands I try to hold
what remains, what lingers?
I do not see them flying away, but yet...
On both desires I shall persist
my hands are dry, the water's gone
my dreams are there, my dreams exist
Smoke in my hands I tried to hold
it came to nothing on my fingers
my hands are dry, the water's gone
My dreams remain they are made of gold
it's up to me to make them linger
it's up to me to make them true, to make them hold

Luisa

1 comment:

CoolDeep said...

Hi Luisa,

Hope you remember me.

Your blogs, your poems, the pictures you put to decorate your blog.. they have always touched my being..

I love them all..

As for this poem... hmm.. 'Dreams,' well how can one retain dreams.. they are like bubbles. up they float.. and when you try and catch them they burst.. such are dreams.. & i am sure you know that too..

Love & regards,

CoolDeep

WELCOME - WELCOME - WELCOME

I am happy to welcome you to this blog, I hope to show how beautiful and awesome can the world be. This place we call Earth, the very same place we harm and damage everyday, without realizing the beauty she gives us back, because she keeps on and on not tiring to regale us the bounties of her bossom.
I invite you to discover the misteries nature puts right in front of our eyes and we ignore, take them for granted or simply cannot see because the bad, the ugly keeps us blinded. It is an easy task for me, because I love this planet of ours, and I see beauty everywhere. Please let me humbly show you what I see and try to explain what I feel.
Welcome Welcome Welcome